Processes and Methodology
SoftSol’s strong expertise in Forte/UDS, J2EE and .NET facilitates a smooth transformation for organizations seeking to migrate critical legacy Forte applications to a more robust, standards-based environment.
With proven quality processes and methodologies in place, SoftSol follows a complete migration life cycle and extensively uses its own proprietary suite of tools to automate the migration process for rapid, smooth and unfailing transformation.
Here are the key areas that are taken into consideration during the transformation:
- Perform assessment and analysis of the Forte/UDS code to be migrated
- Design architecture and framework of target application
- Migrate Forte/UDS code to target platform, through automated tools
- Refactor translated code, if applicable
- Develop new features/enhance functionality in the target platform, if required
- Perform unit, system, integration and performance testing
- Develop deployment and packaging models
- User acceptance testing (UAT) of migrated application
- Resolve any issues found in UAT phase
- Deploy the migrated application to production environment
- Support and maintain the migrated application in production environment
The Migration Methodology
The high-level migration life cycle and execution methodology involves the following steps, while some steps are iterative in nature:
- Analysis and Planning
- Proof of Concept
- Design and Architecture.
- Code Conversion
- Validation and Testing
- Production deployment/Installation/Implementation
- Application Support and Maintenance