Sun Microsystems started phasing out Forte/UDS in September 2006 and has announced the complete end-of-support by April 2009. For companies seeking to minimize risk, this created a strong impetus either to retire or migrate critical application written in Forte/UDS.
The following are several reasons industry leaders have decided on Forte migration to either .Net or Java/J2EE:
- Phase-out of the Forte/UDS platform
- Increased licensing and support cost
- Lack of new features
- Limited support for new technologies
- Incompatibility with newer versions of OS or DBMS
- Inability to market products written in outdated platform
- Difficulty to staff project due to lack of resources
- Ability to converge to a enterprise standard platform
- Wide variety of choice for products in Java and .NET
- Ability to leverage open source software
SoftSol is successfully assisting Forte/UDS customers in their migration and implementation cycles. SoftSol’s project-proven, innovative processes and methodologies help in understanding and implementing the customer’s requirements in a short time span at an affordable price.
SoftSol's Forte/UDS migration service offers under the following three categories:
- Source code migration using in-house conversion tools.
- GUI design mgration from Forte/UDS to Java and .NET
- Architecture migration using compatible architecture patterns and design patterns suitable for J2EE/.NET environments.
Please contact us if you are trying to learn about migrating your Forte/UDS applications. SoftSol’s experts can assist you in identifying the correct strategy; develop migration methodology and consulting to help you plan your application transformation safely, effectively, and efficiently.