Years of experience enabled us to standardise every possible aspect of assets which can be reused across multiple projects, which increases producvity, thereby reducing time to market and increasing ROI.
SoftSol has a huge repository of project assets, which can be tailored according to nature of any project.
SoftSol has developed 300+ reusable automation asset libraries in 13 different categories, which helps clients to jumpstart test automation and drastically reduces framework and test script development time.
An effective testing methodology is the integrity of the software development process. When integrated at each stage in software life cycle and executed with industry-leading tools, it anchors the project to the core business objectives that underlie the initiative.
SoftSol's independent testing teams follow a proven methodology to manage the end-to-end testing process. Experienced test managers anticipate testing challenges and resolve issues early in the lifecycle when fixes are least costly.
BUGFAST: SoftSol's proprietary Click Test Integrated Framework enhances speed, coverage, and maintainability of test automation. By fully leveraging componentization and reusability, the framework adds a level of efficiency that leading tools cannot provide out of box.
- Integrated: Works seamlessly with enterprise test management systems like HP’s Quality Center
- Modularization & Reusability: Combines modularization and reusability for efficient script automation.
- Maintainable: Architected so that a single edit to a component will automatically update to all scripts that use that component
- Custom Reporting Features: Automatic screenshots of failure points and precise identification of the step on which the issue occurred
- Dynamic Data Capabilities: Greater versatility as data sets can be applied to multiple scripts
- This is a sample Checklist.
- This is a sample Check list.
- User-Friendly Interface: Empowers non-technical users to easily build and run regression tests
Value Add – The following are additional benefits our clients have experienced
- Dramatic reduction in effort required for regression testing (up to 90% over manual testing)
- Reduced time-to-implementation for critical business updates
- Maximize the effectiveness of the brief User Acceptance Testing window for vendor-developed applications
- Increased cost savings through every cycle of regression testing
- Faster identification and resolution of application issues
- Reduce burden on overloaded testing teams
SoftSol Automation Center of Excellence (ACOE) helps our clients to achieve their return on investment by leveraging best practices in test automation:
- Expertise in industry-leading commercial and open source test management, functional test execution and bug tracking tools viz ( HP – ALM & QTP, SmartBear – Test Complete & QA Complete, IBM –RTM & RFT, MicroFocus – Silk Central & Silk Test, Microfocus – QA Run & QA Dir, Bugzilla, Mantis, Zira, Selenium, Sahi, Watir, PushToTest)
- Prebuilt test accelerator scripts for ERP’s (such as SAP, Oracle for multiple tools like QTP, WorkSoft Certify, TAO, TRICENTIS)
- Multiple frameworks for different tools (as per clients choice)
- Migration services ( older versions to new version, existing to tool of choice)
- Tool agnostic unified interface framework (for business users and future tool migration)
- Task automation and optimization in test data
In their approach to testing, organizations are often challenged with underutilization of tools, lack of no ROI, unclear ideas on what to automate/not automate, insufficient test coverage, and inefficient framework design (tightly coupled with technology/version). Typical reasons include unclear test automation approaches and no clear software test automation framework. Test automation is more than a solution, it is an art.
SoftSol follows a methodical software test automation framework to deliver test automation services.
Feasibility Analysis: The necessary first step towards understanding the nature of an application. We do a detailed feasibility study of the application (legacy apps, custom apps, packaged apps), integration with third party systems, fronted technology (Web -Java, Dot Net, PHP, C#; Desktop/Shrink Wrapped Applications), backend database (Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL, etc.), application architecture and its layers (2-Tire,3-Tire), industry (BFSI, Health Care, Media, HiTech etc), and multiple browser accessibility (Flash and Active X controls).
Tool Selection: Once feasibility analysis is complete, we do a detailed profiling of test automation tools to select the right candidate for automation (commercial and open source). We also evaluate existing quality tools (test management, test execution, bug tracking, and metric tracking), estimate actual utilization, and propose solutions depending on the client’s needs.
ROI Calculation: A true measure of ROI is not quite possible unless there is a standardized process to continuously measure both quantitative and qualitative aspects of software test automation services. As part of the test engagement process we follow a four step process of standardizing, optimizing, measuring, and expanding.
Seamless integration among all stages of software test automation is the key differentiator and success factor behind highly optimized and streamlined testing automation service offerings at SoftSol. Test Design, the process of applying right design techniques in the right area in STLC, is the other key differentiator. We leverage test designs in multiple areas:
- Optimizing test environments
- Ensuring optimal requirements and test coverage (empirical-based decision-making)
- Dependency mapping, system complexity mapping, and change impact matrix
- Decision tables, state-based techniques, ECP, BVA, BVA++, and Fault Fuzzing
Test Data plays a very important role in test automation while it might become redundant after every regression cycle. We clearly understand the importance and nature of test data that needs to be generated. Our STDGen (SoftSol Test Data Generator) generates volumes (millions) of production-like test data on the fly. It supports 30 different data types, contact names, email addresses, and physical addresses.
Framework: Once the candidate tool selection is finalized, we start designing/extending our proprietary framework (Modular, Functional Decomposed, Keyword Driven, Data-Driven and Tool Agnostic Framework) according to the type of application and client’s preference.
Scripting on the Fly: SoftSol’s proprietary Click Test Integrated Framework enhances speed, coverage, and maintainability of test automation. By fully leveraging componentization and reusability, the framework adds a level of efficiency that leading tools cannot provide out of box.
Reporting: Reporting to bug tracking tools, test management systems, and custom reporting format.
Quality Metrics: Measuring cost of quality is the take away for any QA engagement. Our process standardization, optimization, and measurement techniques allow us to correctly measure both quantitative and qualitative aspects. We track and measure many metrics which help key stakeholders make the right decisions at the right time with regard to release readiness, quality compliance, release readiness, and go/no-go decisions.
Seamless integration among all stages of software test automation is the key differentiator and success factor behind highly optimized and streamlined testing automation service offerings at SoftSol.
Contact Us to discuss our test automation services.